Today, more people are working from home than ever before.
Data shows that less than 6% of Americans worked primarily remotely before the pandemic. However, in the first four weeks of COVID, about 35% of workers reported working from home.
And in May 2020, about 57% of management employees and professionals worked from home. Also, 83% of employees have expressed interest in keeping working from home post-pandemic.
The transition from the office to home has been relatively easy for most employees.
Several behind-the-scenes software solutions support these individuals in collaborating across teams and completing tasks as though they’re in a physical workspace. These platforms usually require nothing more than a suitable device and a strong internet connection.
Here, we explored some of these tools to help make your transition seamless.
Tandem simulates a virtual office, allowing you to view what other people are working on and jump into a video conversation with a single click. It integrates cloud technology and collaborative areas into a single, streamlined workspace to facilitate communication from anywhere.
Using Tandem is the best way for teams to feel like they’re together despite being in separate spaces.
What Are The Features of Tandem?
- Easy usage
- Screen Sharing
- Instant audio and video chat
- Allows the integration of other platforms like Google doc
- Compatible on several devices, including smartphones
Tandem offers a 30-day free trial and charges $8 monthly afterward.
Slack is a robust team chat application with many configuration possibilities.
It operates synchronously and asynchronously as a messaging application, making it suitable for hybrid and remote work contexts. In addition, slack’s flexibility to personalize your page to your taste is a big selling point.
What Are The Features of Slack?
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- It offers several tools for easy customization
- Channels might be public, private, multi-workspace, or shared
- It makes it simple to communicate and collaborate in real-time
- The platform’s data is always secure due to its high level of protection
Slack has a free version and two paid plans:
- Pro: $8 per person/ month
- Business: $15 per person/ month
Pumble lets users create customized public or private communication channels.
The platform uses threaded conversation features, direct messaging, permission management, and custom notification settings to let employers better interact with their employees. Teams may also share photos, files, and URLs over video chats and conference calls using a drag-and-drop tool.
What Makes Pumble Stand Out?
- Supports one-on-one chat in real-time
- Users can create public or private channels
- Supports file transfer, screen sharing, audio, and video chat
- A single administrator can manage multiple users
- Facilitates data synchronization between diverse systems by supporting integration with various third-party applications
A free version is available, while the paid version starts from $1.99 monthly.
Gitlab is the perfect tool for engineers working remotely.
The cloud-based management tool enables software professionals to collaborate in code development and administration. In addition, it assists developers with managing the entire code lifestyle, from the concept to deployment.
What Are The Features of Gitlab?
- Issue management, bug tracking, and boards based on Git Version control and repository management
- Review Apps and Code Review functionality
- High availability and repository mirroring (HA)
- Monitoring of results
- Integration with development environments such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, and Koding
Gitlab offers free features and two different plans:
- Premium: $19 per user/monthly or $228 annually
- Ultimate: $99 per user/monthly or $1,188 annually
Wurkr is a collaborative virtual workspace.
The SaaS platform helps businesses foster company culture, inspire spontaneous collaboration, and foster innovation in remote and distributed settings.
- Wurkr lets users present their ideas to coworkers and guests by sharing screens.
- Features a reception where staff members can meet guests and lead them to the meeting room.
- To hold meetings, administrators can move between workplaces and conference rooms.
It features a free version and a paid platform of $5 per user/month. Wurkr can also create customized plans for organizations.
6. Google Drive
Google Drive helps users store documents and files securely on the cloud.
The software can sync files across devices, making them easily accessible. Users can also share documents with others with simple clicks. They can also backup any folder on their device, saving space by avoiding file duplication on local storage.
Google Drive Features
- Allows the sharing of documents between team members and guests
- Features and advanced search tool
- Uploads by dragging and dropping
- Convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format automatically
- View any file type
Google Drive Pricing
- Business Starter: $6 per user/ month
- Business Standard: $12 per user/ month
- Business Plus: $18 per user/ month
7. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a handy time tracking application for employees and remote freelancers.
Over 140,000 users rely on the software to keep track of their activities and make every second count. The app caters to many remote workers, including solopreneurs, teams, and managers.
What is Best About Time Doctor?
- Compatible with all devices
- Syncs easily with project management tools like Trello and Slack
- It offers flexible configurations
- Monitors employee work progress offline and online
Time Doctor Pricing
- Basic: $70 per user/ a year
- Standard: $100 per user/ a year
- Premium: $200 per user/ a year
Remo is a cloud-based conferencing technology that helps businesses arrange video sessions and create a virtual workspace for remote workers. It enables a virtual environment that lets people roam freely and inspire spontaneous hallway talks, resulting in genuine, long-lasting partnerships.
What Can Remo Do?
- Excellent graphics interface
- Supports screen sharing
- Users can engage in face-to-face interaction in real-time
- Integrates various third-party applications
- Essentials: $270 monthly or $3,240 annually
- Pro: $680 monthly or $8,160 annually
CharlieHR is a human resources software that simplifies HR processes and tasks.
It helps new employees get started, stores company papers, schedules and manages time off, conduct productive reviews, and provides professional HR assistance. The software doesn’t require users to have HR experience to use it.
- Easy to use and responsive interface
- Allows easy onboarding of employees
- It captures changes in payroll
- Light: £4 per user/ monthly
- Junior: £179 for less than ten users/ month
- Standard: £299 for 10-100 people/ month
- Large: £599 for over 100 people/ month
10. Talent LMS
Talent LMS lets organizations train teams and provide professional assistance and support. The platform, backed by Epignosis, a global pioneer in learning technology, serves over 70,000 teams worldwide.
What Are The Features of Talent LMS?
- Easy to set up and use
- Several customization options to make the training experience easier
- It features several training tools and materials
- Schedules classes and tracks activity
Talent LMS Pricing
Talent LMS offers a free version and five paid plans.
- Starter: $60 for over 40 users/ month
- Basic: $149 for up to 100 user/ month
- Plus: $279 for up to 500 users/ month
- Premium: $459 for up to 1,000 users/ month
- Enterprise: A customizable plan for over 1,00 users
Organizations can better keep tabs and control their outgoing costs using Soldo’s multi-user expenditure management account. It allows companies to distribute prepaid debit cards to their employees and keep track of their spending in real-time.
- Supports prepaid Mastercard debit cards
- Tracks expenditure in real-time
- It allows the administrator to control employee spending
- Integrates seamlessly with other accounting systems like Netsuite and Xero
- Allows the administrator to top up funds automatically
- Pro 5: €30 for up to 5 users/ month
- Pro 10: €60 for up to 10 users/ month
- Premium: €90 for up to 10 users/ month
Chanty is a team communication software that enables businesses to interact via instant messaging, voice or video calls, and other methods. Administrators can build chat channels, add and remove members, archive discussions, and delegate administrative tasks to different users.
What Can Chanty Do?
- Users can pin key messages and initiate messaging threads with Chanty.
- Setting up subtasks and to-do lists allows team members to manage and track tasks
- Users can browse individual member profiles, tasks, messages, and communication channels using the search tool
- It has a preview feature that allows users to read papers and external links right from the platform
- Chanty integrates with several third-party apps, including Google Drive, Github, and Asana
Chanty features a free version and one paid plan
- Business: $3 per user/ month
Connecteam is a scheduling software with effective communication features for onboarding and training personnel. Over 8,000 businesses use the software globally.
- Friendly user interface
- Real-time communication
- Employee communication and announcements
- Onboarding and training of new employees
- Monitoring of performance
- Task management and employee scheduling
Connecteam has a free version and four paid plans
- Basic: $39/ month
- Advanced: $79/ month
- Expert: $159/ month
- Expertise: custom plan
Wrap Up: Best Virtual Office Software for Remote Teams
These tools can make your remote team work more efficiently, and this virtual office software can help you streamline your search.
Choose one or more software to establish a functional remote working environment for your team. Some of these tools have free versions. You can begin with them and upgrade as the need arises.
A functional website alongside these tools can help you collaborate more effectively with your team. But ensure to use the right hosting to avoid inopportune downtime.