Bikes, assassins, and Rabbids, oh my
The September 2022 Ubisoft Forward was surprisingly filled with news, especially for Assassin’s Creed fans. But even those who don’t like to time-travel had something to see in Rabbids, BMX bikes, and mobile games.
Ubisoft laid out its short-term plans for several major franchises, before taking the back slice of the showcase to spotlight the big picture for Assassin’s Creed. It’s a pretty packed show, but we’re here to run down all the headlines for you.
Without further ado, let’s get to it.
All the headlines from the September 2022 Ubisoft Forward
- Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope kicks off the stream, spotlighting more of its gameplay. The customization looks great, and the train battle looks like a really fun time. It’s no surprise that, after a surprisingly solid first entry, this might be worth watching. But what is surprising is seeing that Rayman himself is part of the post-launch rollout for this game!
- Skull and Bones largely just shows off more gameplay. After a long, long development timeline, I’m just ready to see this thing out. I’m down to make a big boat and loot the high seas with some pals.
- Riders Republic brings BMX to its lineup of action sports, alongside an Area 51 locale. Please feel free to grind the rails, but keep away from the government secrets and aliens.
- The Division is still rolling out content, as we got a look at some new content for The Division 2 and a tease for two of its upcoming spin-off games. There is a lot of Division in the works.
- Rainbow Six Mobile is getting a closed beta soon. Please be careful about your callouts in public spaces.
- Ubisoft and Netflix are partnering up for several mobile titles, including a sequel to 2014’s Valiant Hearts, which is actually pretty rad! More reasons to check out that Netflix games app.
- Here’s a tease for the next season of Mythic Quest. I dug the first season quite a bit more than I thought I would! Apparently it’s tackling Web3 stuff, which might be a good laugh.
- Trackmania is coming to console and cloud platforms in 2023. Heck yes.
- The new Just Dance 2023 Edition arrives on November 22 for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch. One song highlight to note: “More” by K/DA. Sorry, I dig the fake League of Legends band.
- We break into the Assassin’s Creed section of the show with the official reveal of Assassin’s Creed Mirage, following Basim in the ninth century as he becomes part of the Hidden Ones. Also, the talented Sohreh Aghdashloo is lending her voice to Roshan, Basim’s mentor. It looks neat!
- Assassin’s Creed gets some more content, with a mobile game on the way currently called Codename Jade. Valhalla is also getting a “last chapter” DLC, wrapping up Eivor’s story.
- Ubisoft confirms there’s a lot more going on with the world of Assassin’s Creed Infinity, its hub for future Assassin’s Creed experiences. One, Codename Red, heads to Feudal Japan. And another, in development at the Montreal office, is Codename Hexe. They also tease that the company is looking into standalone multiplayer options for Assassin’s Creed. It will all fall under the Infinity banner, a unifying hub for AC‘s future.
- Here’s the roadmap ahead for Assassin’s Creed:
And that’s all for today. Sure seems like a lot of Assassin’s Creed is on the way. Let us know what you think of it all down below!